Sunday, February 22, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Activity 1 (Group work- 3 stds): Sample 1
1. Read the Introduction and understand the Objectives of the study.
2. Surf the Internet or the UMP Library and identify relevant reading materials that you will need for the literature review of Sample 1.
3. Find at least 15 relevant articles.
4. List down the materials that you managed to find. (If it is from the internet, list down the url address with the title of the article)
5. Bring your list in soft copy form to class on Monday (16/02/09).
Topic for Literature Review Assessment (individual)
1. Go to page 18 of the additional notes on Reading for Literature Review.
2. Understand the Instructions.
3. Come up with proposed topic(s) in the area of your study for approval.
4. You may come and see me any time I am in my office or you may post your suggestion here in this blog.
5. Try to complete the form on page 18 and bring it to class on Monday, next week. (16/02/09)
Of the 10 stories, choose the one that you like best.
Post your comment. Include:
The title of the story that you choose, and
Why do you like it?
You may also respond to your classmates' comments.
Your comment should be posted before Sunday, February 15, 2009.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
You are required to post comments twice a week until week 10. In other words, by the end of week 10, you should have posted 6 comments in this blog.
You have 2 options:
1. Read the newspaper every day.
2. Choose 1 article from the newspaper and write your summary in the blog.
3. Include the name of the newspaper, title of the article, page no & date.
2. Include the title of the article and the name of the journal/ book/ other resources that you take your article from.
Note: Make sure you identify yourself clearly.
1. Read the text on “Story of Rugby”
2. Post your comment, which should include:
a) Summary of the text (1 paragraph, not more than 5 sentences)
b) Your personal opinion about rugby
c) For those who do not like rugby, tell us why and what sports do you like.
d) For those who like to play/ watch rugby, share, why do you like the game.
Note: Don’t forget to identify yourself clearly.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
1. Notes for Extensive Reading: Topic 2 (Reading for Literature Review).
2. Samples of PSM Introduction (SAMPLES 1 - 5)
3. Self-access evaluation form.
It is important for you to download these documents in your room to your own computer and to print them out because the Notes and the Samples are in PDF format. Most Computers in the Language Labs are not installed with PDF/ acrobat/ Foxit reader. Therefore, you will not be able to access the notes at the labs.
These notes and samples will be used starting from next week onwards (9/02/09 - 6/03/09).
Thanks. If you have any queries, feel free to use this blog.